Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The Complete Fabric & Notions Haul

Hello!

This post will document all the fabric and notions I purchased while staying in the UK.


WOVENS

Purchased at Saeed Fabrics on Walthamstow High Street. 1.5m @ £5/m.
The fabric is brushed on the wrong side.
I plan to make a draped front jacket with this fabric.
The shop person said that it was wool, but not for that price. Will have to do a burn test.

Purchased at Edinburgh Old Town Weaving Co. 2m @ £25/m.
Hopefully I have enough fabric to make a bias cut slip style dress.
Such a nice combo of colours. I had a difficult time choosing a tartan.
100% Wool.

Purchased at Misan Textiles (Berwick Street location). 2.9m for £20.
I plan to make a windbreaker jacket with this fabric.
Windbreaker weight.
100% Nylon.

Purchased at the Leeds City Market. 1m @ £6/m.
Possibly a tote bag, we'll see.
Printed Cotton.
100% Cotton.

Purchased at the same booth at the Leeds City Market. 1.5m @ £5/m.
Maybe a baseball cap?
Printed Cotton.
100% Cotton.

Purchased at Mandors Fabric Store, Glasgow. 1m @ £13.
I haven't decided what to make out of this yet.
Printed Cotton.
100% Cotton.

Purchased at Fabrics Galore, Balham. 0.6m @ £26/m.
I am thinking a tote bag out of this one.
Printed Quilting Cotton.
100% Cotton.

Purchased at Nairn Wool Shop. 1m @ £12/m.
Maybe a shirt out of this one, since I have a meter to play with.
Printed Quilting Cotton.
100% Cotton.


KNITS

Purchased at Borovick Fabrics Ltd. 0.8m @ £25/m.
I made leggings with this fabric already.
Printed Lycra.

Purchased at Fashion Fabrics in Bath. Both 0.5m @ £7/m.
I will be making baby harem pants for my cousin.
Printed Cotton Knit.
100% Cotton.

Purchased at Classic Textiles on Goldhawk Road, Shepherds Bush. 1m @ £4.50/m.
I plan to make a crew neck sweat shirt from this, with maybe a contrast sleeve.
Poly Knit.

Purchased at Saeed Fabrics on Walthamstow High Street. 1m @ £6/m.
I plan to make a similar sweat shirt as the one mentioned above, sans contrast sleeve.
Poly Knit.

Purchased at Fabric Land, Kingston Upon Thames. 1m @ £4.50/m.
I plan to make a tunic style t-shirt from this fabric.
Poly Knit.

Purchased at Simply Fabrics (57 Atlantic Road- there are two locations on Atlantic Rd). 0.75m @ £12/m. 
I plan to make a skirt from this lace, utilizing the live edge (scalloped edge).
100% Polyester.

Purchased at Abakhan Fabrics Liverpool in the bargain basement. 
The cost was calculated by weight, I believe this type of knit was about £11/kg.
I want to make a simple t-shirt from this fabric.
My best guess is that this is a rayon/viscose mix (possibly some polyester) and spandex/ elastane.

Purchased at Abakhan Fabrics Liverpool in the bargain basement. 
The cost was calculated by weight, I believe this type of knit was about £11/kg.
The photo does not pick up the purples in the fabric very well.
I am thinking another t-shirt/tunic out of this.
Same as above for fiber content.

Purchased at Abakhan Fabrics Liverpool in the bargain basement. 
The cost was calculated by weight, I believe this type of knit was about £14/kg.
There is supposed to be some wool in this, thus the higher price tag.
I think this calls for another tunic/ t-shirt.
Best guess on fiber content: Wool mixed with rayon and spandex.

Purchased at Abakhan Fabric Liverpool, but in the regular priced section. 1m, maybe 1.5m @ £6/m.
Hopefully I'll have enough to make a light blazer type jacket.
100% Polyester.

Purchased at Abakhan Fabrics Liverpool in the bargain basement. 
The cost was calculated by weight, I believe this type of knit was about £13/kg.
(It was put in with the "scuba" fabric, but obviously isn't)
I want to make a bomber jacket out of this for sure.
100% Polyester.


NOTIONS

Purchased at Abakhan Fabrics Manchester. 1m @ £2/m.
Will utilize this as lingerie. 
Most likely nylon.

Again from Abakhan Fabrics Manchester. 2m @ £0.50/m (what a bargain!)
Again, most likely as lingerie.
100% Polyester.

Purchased at Ribbons on Walthamstow High Street. Each baggie £1.50.
These were such a good deal. Considering that each bag is pretty stuffed, studs in Canada cost a lot.

Purchased at the Sewing & Craft Superstore in Balham (can't remember price).
Top: 100% PVC
Bottom: 100% Polyester

Purchased at Samuel Taylors, Leeds. 1m (can't remember price).
Lingerie Elastic.

Purchased at Samuel Taylors, Leeds. 1m (can't remember price).
Lingerie Elastic.

Purchased at Samuel Taylors, Leeds. 1m (around £6/m).
I will finish the ends of this elastic and turn it into a regular belt. I was seeing these elastics everywhere, but they were all ruffled on one side, so when I found this, I purchased it right away!

Purchased at Flying Tiger Copenhagen. 2 rolls @ £2/roll.
The ribbon reads: I almost died making this for you.
I plan to sew in this ribbon to everything I make for family members and friends.
I should've bought more rolls.



Well that's it for this post folks.

Catch ya in the next one.

xChelsx

No comments:

Post a Comment