Thursday, May 11, 2017

All Good Things Come To An End


Hi everyone!

Well how do I start this post?....

This experience has been amazing, and more than I ever thought it would be. I am extremely grateful that I was able to participate in this journey courtesy of KPU, KPU International, UCA Epsom and of course, my mom and dad.

It is bittersweet that I am now back home, and not roaming the streets of London but I am sure I will be back some day.

In this post, I'd like to look back on my journey in England while I was studying abroad.


Arrival In London

When my dad and I arrived in London (about a week and a half before my classes started) I was taken aback with the amount of people that were there. I was finally in London, crowds and all! When I was younger, I was hell bent on going to London. I made a list of all the places that I wanted to go to, and all the things I wanted to see. I can report that I have fulfilled everything on this list! My younger slef would be proud of me.

London homes

A Buckingham Palace guard hamming it up.

Regent Street.

Off Carnaby Street.

Arrival in Epsom

Arrival in Epsom meant that school would be starting and that my dad would be leaving me. Soon I had to face life without parental units and be a "grown up" with all associated responsibilities. Luckily, I had really nice flatmates, whom made the transition a whole lot less overwhelming.

Epsom High Street
My flat





School

Not gonna lie, the process here in England was difficult to get used to compared to what I've been taught the last 2.5 years. So removing my concerns about sell ability, target market relation, and construction was a challenge. It did help me with the creation/ ideation stage of the creative process to get ideas that were natural and organic from a chosen inspiration rather than over thought.

Draping

Fittings

More adjustments

Construction!


Travels

As everyone has told me, I took advantage of my location and I traveled to some marvelous places! 

Dublin. Spot the Leprechaun hats.

Powerscourt Estate, Great Sugar Loaf Mountains

A Piper in Edinburgh

Haggis!


Visiting a friend in Helsinki 


Reindeer meat at Saaga, Helsinki

From Manchester, up north...
...to Brighton in the south.

Experiences

Things like a fascinator class in London, to watching my favourite band of all time live in concert, to a local night at the pub and watching Highland dancers.

Fascinator in the making at an Atelier Millinery class.

Wearing my custom fascinator!

Green Day at the O2, February 9, 2017
Music at a Dublin pub

A night of traditional Scottish dancing, music and food

People 

Shout out to these people who made my experience at school and traveling a blast! 

Zunera, Krissy, Abbie, Bernadette, Sofia, Neda, Jojo, Lousie, Peter, Misha, Amber, Arena, Valentina, and Mandy.

And thank you to all of you who have been following me on this journey! A blog wouldn't be a blog without it's readers.




All in all, I would recommend this experience to anyone who is interested. Studying abroad is a really good way of experiencing the world without having too much stress other than some school work. You just pay for your accommodation and food (tuition is the same as normal- no international student fees!) and any other purchases like clothing and gifts you may want.

I have officially been bit by the traveling bug and I hope to be off somewhere else very soon!



xChelsx

No comments:

Post a Comment