Category 1: Tools
(From left to right): Tool box with sewing & drafting supplies, pencil case with drawing utensils, pencil case with colouring utensils, felt markers, hip curve and grid ruler.
I tried to keep the amount of tools I brought with me to a minimum, especially with what I am bringing in my tool box. It is easy to get carried away with what you think you'll need supplies wise.
These items made my short list:
- Fabric shears
- Pinking shears
- Paper scissors
- Spool of black thread
- Spool of white thread
- Button hole punch
- Drill hole tool
- Numerous drafting pens & pencils
- Tailor's chalk
- Pin cushion
- Hand sewing needles
- Industrial machine bobbins
- Industrial machine bobbin cases
- Industrial machine needles
- Soft measuring tape
- Seam gauge
I decided to forgo bringing a square ruler, because a grid ruler makes it obsolete. Drawing utensils are needed as they can be costly to repurchase.
Category 2: Tech
(From left to right): Backpack, laptop, important documents, tablet, phone, iTouch, camera bag (with camera components). Not pictured: Headphones, UK SIM card (phone) and all the chargers!
This category encompasses everything that I will be carrying onto the plane (I want to make sure all my electronics arrive safely with me!). I think all of these are self explanatory, they will serve as a means of in-flight entertainment, then as tools for my school work.
Category 3: Clothes
My thinking was: take a selection of clothing that will work with whatever weather and with a variety of occasions which would be easy to mix and match outfits; otherwise known as a capsule wardrobe.
Casual Dresses x2
Pants x6 (4 Leggings, 1 Pair of jeans, 1 Pair of black dress pants)
Jackets x2, Hoodies x3, 1 Shawl
Footwear x4 (sneakers, ballet flats, ankle boots, tall boots)
BAM! It all fits!
Other important tid bits I am packing:
- Underwear! (not shown for obvious reasons)
- Adapters (I am bringing 3)
- A hair dryer with correct wall plug (curtosey of my aunt)
- A selection of makeup (a couple lipsticks and eyeliner, mascara, eyelash curler)
- My pillow (I have come too accustomed to sleeping with my pillow)
- Mattress cover and pillow cover (both bed bug and mite proof)
- A small selection of towels (a face towel, hand towel and bath towel)
- Toiletries (to last me until I move into my student housing)
I do plan on purchasing some items when I arrive in London. Those being:
- Some appliances (because of the voltage difference)
That's all for the items I am bringing with me! Some other housekeeping items include:
- Registering with the Canadian Government, notifying them on my travel
- Printing copies of important documentation
See you in London!
x Chels x